Thursday, March 6, 2014

Rhythm and Meter in La Belle Dame Sans Merci

What?
Establish how I cleverly subvert the traditional ballad form in La Belle Dame Sans Merci

Why?
So we begin to appreciate that FORM and CONTENT work together to create and extend meaning in literature.


Let´s start by hearing some of your readings of my poem. Lovely...











Now, key questions: how does my use of rhythm and meter 
a) subvert the traditional ballad form?
b) affect the pace of the poem?
c) and therefore help extend the meaning of my poem?


  • Add a post on rhythm and meter in La Belle dame Sans Merci, in which you answer these questions.
  • Make sure you give at least a stanza example of a poem written with traditional ballad rhythm and meter. (You are welcome to do your own research on this, using your own sources, but please check with me before publishing anything...)
  • Then juxtapose it with a stanza of my poem to highlight the difference - WHERE is the difference in rhythm and meter? How does it work? What does it do to the reading? How does it help support ideas in my poem? (Or did I just make a mistake??? :-0)



No comments:

Post a Comment